Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Morning After

I woke up to October today and started thinking about all the non-paleo food I've planning to eat, all the completely un-zoned meals, and all the booze I've been planning to drink.

This morning I felt no desire to eat anything other than what I've been eating for the last month. I've gotten great results (maybe not dramatic results though) from this month, and I've enjoyed the luxury of not having to worry about the effects of a single thing I ate. Once I figured out how to do it, it was really quite easy and I've eaten very well. Its really great to know that NOTHING you're eating has any ill effects on your long term health.

This morning sticking to the diet just seemed so much easier than going off. Its really become part of my lifestyle, and excluding social factors and possibly the huge lunch salad, I could live like this indefinitely.

I'll see how I feel when I'm facing sesame chicken and cottage cheese at Joe's buffet today. The next five days are probably going to be a dietary wash no matter what, but I'm forming an idea of how I'll live after that. Today I've got the drive to keep 90% of my meals clean and balanced; hopefully 5 days off the wagon doesn't diminish that.

No comments: