Friday, September 19, 2008

Chicken/Turkey and Salad + Greenmarket Peaches

Same lunch as yesterday, and used exactly all of my remaining vegetables and chicken at the office. I couldn't have planned that better.

2.6 oz chicken, 2.4 oz turkey breast/4 cups spinach, 1.25 cups green pepper, .75 cups snow peas, 1 cucumber/flax oil, 6 almonds, handful pine nuts/lemon juice, pepper

I managed to ride into work today, which besides being a lot of fun, meant I was able to ride up to the Union Square green market and get a steak from the highly recommended Grazin Angus farm. He was out of my usual choices, flank and skirt steaks, so I decided to change things up and spring for a porterhouse. It wasn't cheap, but its 100% grass fed and finished, local, and supposedly excellent. At over 20 ounces, its more than a day's worth of protein, so I'm not sure how I'll tackle this. I'll save that decision for later tonight.

I also picked up some white peaches, presumably quite local. Way better than the ones I had yesterday, but also much more ripe. Smaller too, which I've read gives mature fruits and vegetables a denser flavor.

At about 8 minutes on the bike each way from Tribeca to Union Square, I might have to make my way up to this green market more often.

No comments: