Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Salmon and Ratatouille

The last half of today was a tough one. I wanted nothing more than pizza or a burger and fries or something fatty and unhealthy from about 3pm on. I was only slightly craving a beer, but the food was driving me crazy. Walking down West Broadway during dinner hours doesn't help.

Fortunately I managed to heat up some leftover paleo ratatouille and cook a filet of salmon. Both were much better than I expected. I'm getting in the habit of sauteeing, near carmelizing a quarter of an onion (sliced) in olive oil before I throw my meat on, and I love it.

It occurred to me today that I need to ratchet up th zone aspect of this experiment, and soon. Zone takes a lot more planning and effort, but I think it will help with my inconsistent energy levels during the day. More on that later.

No comments: