Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quick Breakfast

I normally manage to cook some ground turkey with sauteed onions, throw in some zucchini, add tomato puree and some cumin and serve over two sunny side up eggs for breakfast, and maybe some fruit and almonds. 

Not today though. I woke up tired despite a solid eight hours (solid = setting my alarm for 6:30 and snoozing until 8) without enough time or energy to cook that.

I ate about four ounces deli turkey, maybe a pint of strawberries (10 berries?) and a few blocks of almonds, probably about 10. No preparation needed, and actually pretty tasty, although eating straight-up turkey can get challenging after a few ounces.

My only reservation is that I don't know what's in the turkey. I bought "deli oven roasted turkey" from my Met foods, so I'm going to assume that's strict paleo and not ask questions.

No comments: