Friday, September 12, 2008

Poblano and Carrot Salad with Salmon, Steak and Watermelon

The usual lunch, running low on assorted vegetables though, so only poblano, carrots and snow peas to top my baby spinach. Salmon from Joe's; I didn't feel like cooking chicken on a Thursday to let it sit in the fridge all weekend.

I'll probably get back on the chicken come Monday, but I'll also be doing much stricter zone then. I still have to think about how I'm going to execute that, and it will definitely require more planning than I've gotten by with so far.

The finally, steak again for Friday dinner. In the absence of drinking and pizza, this keeps me going. I picked up a top sirloin 8 oz steak from Whole Foods, a small sweet onion and a small Fuji apple. Sadly, I had no access to olive oil, so I had to cook this all with vegetable oil (better than the corn oil that was available). The steak was great, and I always love caramelized onions.

Just now I had a snack of three slices of deli turkey, six roasted almonds (are those roasted in oil?) and half of my remaining half baby watermelon. Watermelon is addicting.

No comments: